Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Sorry folks, I've been away. Not just away from the computer, but away from Brooklyn as well. Since most of our friends and family live upstate, Mike and I decided to take a trip back home for Christmas. And we got invited to a sweet party for New Years, so I've been a little busy. I hope everyone's holidays went well this year. Mine were especially fun, as I will relate shortly.

The day we went back, there was a huge snow storm. My family couldn't drive the hour to pick us up at the train station, so luckily Andrew and Julie were kind enough to let Mike and I stay with them for a night while we waited the snow out. After paying a cabbie 60 bucks (!!!) to get through the storm, we finally made it to their place. We had a fun time watching strange Russian animation, listening to new music, and Puzzle Questing it up (an old hobby for Andrew and I) so I'm kinda glad my dad couldn't come.

The next day my mom had a party (as she often does) before Christmas, and I was happy to see a good part of my family and most of my close friends. I made some Christmas-y cupcakes because my new thing is making cupcakes. They are supposed to be ornament shaped, and each one was different!

Also my brother's husky was busy tearing into a deer spinal column as our party was going on, how cool is that??:

That night we made an ill-fated trip to the Geneva bars, and had to practically carry my brother home. However, I did get a funny picture of Sue, Lauren, and I, and a cute "cousins" picture of just Lauren and I:


The next day we headed up to ROC to first see Smike and Melinda, then see Nolivia. Mike and I received a new board game for Xmas called "A Touch of Evil" which is really fucking fun to play if you like long ass board games that are sorta like D&D or Magic. So we kinda forced Smike and Mel to play with us to de-virginize the game. Those two are always up for a de-virginification, especially of a new game, so we ended up playing for like 6 hours. Whoops. It was fun though! Smike beat the game, but sadly sacrificed his character's life in the process. Anyway, after borrowing half a million Japanese horror films from them (yay!!!) and a non horror one called "Cat Soup"...? we went on our way to Nolivia's place to stay for the night.

The next day we had to have chicken wings (there are no good wings in NYC) so we went to lunch at Jeremiah's and then I went to dinner with my college pals, who were also in town for the holidays. After we got back to Noliva's place, we played the game (again!) with them. It was just as fun the second time.

The next day I hung around my old job for awhile (I really do miss it there) and then a bunch of folks got together to play D&D. Since I started making a character with Andrew quite a while ago, he thought it'd be fun for me to actually PLAY a game, and got a bunch of other people in on the action. Since Zola (a cheese hunting drug addict-her name is short for Gorgonzola) specializes in killing the undead, we were on a mission to hunt zombies on an island. It was my first time playing D&D, and it was fucking FUN. I loved it and I really want to play again. I just wish I didn't give her so many hiding skills...apparently she's quite the coward. Here are a few fun pics from that night (which went from 7pm-2am):

The next day we made our way back to Geneva for Xmas Eve. My grandma had everyone over, as always, and I decided to make more cupcakes! These came out really awesome looking. They are vanilla cupcakes with a tint of yellow/cocoa in the icing for the spaghetti color. The sauce is strawberry jam and the meatballs are Ferro Rocher or however the hell you say it. I even shaved white chocolate over the top for parmesan cheese.

After my grandma's place I went with Mike and my bros to my dad's place, and we played "A Touch of Evil" AGAIN. (We really enjoyed this game.)

Christmas morning we opened presents and took a 7 hour train ride back to Brooklyn. Our cat had been alone (TOTALLY alone) for 4 days and we couldn't afford to leave her alone any longer. Especially because she's insane:

Stay tuned next week for the New Year's edition! I got to be in Times Square with no line waiting, (almost) no freezing my ass off, and lots of fun!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
All I have to say is that its a good thing you all had my cleric along for the ride- clerics + zombies= Hiroshima!

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections