Eesh

So I wrote last January about my cousin Lauren's fiance who was paralyzed when his car went into a ravine. He still hasn't moved, other than involuntarily, and he is going to live with his parents instead of my cousin, because they have a handicapped accessible house.

A couple days ago, my cousin Leah's fiance, Shawn, was killed when he hit a tree with his car. My cousin has three previous children, and Shawn was willing to adopt them all and be a father to them, as well as a great guy to my cousin. I feel so bad for her. She had already set the date and asked me to be in the wedding.

I really hope that I'm not cursed to be in wedding parties for my cousins...

In lighter news, I finally finished the four books in George RR Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series. Sooooo good. Some of the best reading I've ever done. I have no fucking clue how, but this author can write political intrigue, romance, horror, and medieval times like nobody I've ever seen. I really hope the fifth book comes out soon, because, even though I am now reading and liking "Twilight", I really miss those Starks and Lannisters.

"Winter is Coming."

Comments

john ok said…
you should try the sword of truth series by terry goodkind. i think you would like the series.
Erica said…
Apparently I own the first book in that series, according to Mike. Have you read the Ice and Fire series? Mike says Martin is a lot better, but I have not read Goodkind. I'll try it though!
john ok said…
I haven't read martin yet. but i'm going to the library today. i'll look for it.

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections