Eesh

So I wrote last January about my cousin Lauren's fiance who was paralyzed when his car went into a ravine. He still hasn't moved, other than involuntarily, and he is going to live with his parents instead of my cousin, because they have a handicapped accessible house.

A couple days ago, my cousin Leah's fiance, Shawn, was killed when he hit a tree with his car. My cousin has three previous children, and Shawn was willing to adopt them all and be a father to them, as well as a great guy to my cousin. I feel so bad for her. She had already set the date and asked me to be in the wedding.

I really hope that I'm not cursed to be in wedding parties for my cousins...

In lighter news, I finally finished the four books in George RR Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series. Sooooo good. Some of the best reading I've ever done. I have no fucking clue how, but this author can write political intrigue, romance, horror, and medieval times like nobody I've ever seen. I really hope the fifth book comes out soon, because, even though I am now reading and liking "Twilight", I really miss those Starks and Lannisters.

"Winter is Coming."

Comments

john ok said…
you should try the sword of truth series by terry goodkind. i think you would like the series.
Erica said…
Apparently I own the first book in that series, according to Mike. Have you read the Ice and Fire series? Mike says Martin is a lot better, but I have not read Goodkind. I'll try it though!
john ok said…
I haven't read martin yet. but i'm going to the library today. i'll look for it.

Popular posts from this blog

What the hell?

Life...or something like it

The wonderful world of HBO