Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

If there's one thing I learned since moving to NYC, it's that celebrities are tiny people. Usually both thin and short. When I met most of the cast of Ugly Betty, that was what I noticed first. I met Amanda, Mark, Hilda, and saw Betty (I don't know their real names, I don't even watch the show actually) and they looked like the littlest people alive. America Ferrera (I lied, I know her name) must be like 5'0.

Last week I went to a broadway show called "Spring Awakening" that starred Hunter Parrish (Silas on Weeds). On stage he looked thin but tall. Once we spoke to him afterwards he was shorter than me (I was leaning back in the pic) and definitely thinner than me.


The day after meeting Hunter, I found "no parking" temporary signs on my street. These signs are posted all over the place when a filming is going on. I looked at what was filming, and lucky me, it was Flight of the Conchords, season 2! I've mentioned here before that these guys are brilliant and they were spending ALL DAY LONG on my street!!

So the next day I spent a lot of time walking around in circles. I didn't want to seem too stalkerish, but I wanted to talk to both Bret and Jemaine and see the filming as well. Plus Mike wanted their autographs on our dvd of the first season. I went outside and saw a gray car with tons of aluminum foil on the inside and a bunch of crew members. Also there were a bunch of puppies in the pet shop that doesn't actually sell puppies. So I hung out for awhile until a lighting guy saw poor me by myself and talked to me about his life and the filming for a half hour. By the time he was done talking, I was practically IN a scene. I literally had the catering guy offering me food and a local merchant offer me his bathroom because they thought I was with the crew.

When I looked up, I was standing 6 feet from Bret, Bret's dad, Jemaine, and Dave. Bret had a funny kilt on and looked like he was freezing. I felt really weird about being so close so I went over to where the trailers were and sat down to read until the scene was done filming. Bret came over and I asked him for his autograph. He was cold so he wasn't that talkative, but it was still cool meeting him. (And yes, he is short and thin.) Jemaine was harder to get to, since I actually had to do a few things that day, like make a zucchini bread. So I went home to make it and put that in the oven, then went back out, saw Mel, came back to take the bread out, went back out, and got so fed up that I walked right into a set and started talking to Jemaine. They were almost done for the night by that time so it was now or never. Luckily they were still setting up so Jemaine was friendly about signing my dvd. He asked if I lived around the area (probably because I had a dvd with me) and I said "yeah I live right around the corner!!" (like he was gonna stop by or something).

The lighting guy I had spoken to early in the day said I wasn't allowed to take pictures (and I'm afraid of that because Joe almost had his camera taken away by Gossip Girl crew) so sadly, the only pictures I got were of their trailers and the aluminum foil car, sans foil.


But if you're a fan of the show, look for an episode where Bret wears a kilt, the guys buy a puppy, and drive a strange car!

And I finally got my pictures straightened out on this thing, so here are pictures of Vegas. I haven't posted pics in awhile so I'll make this a super long blog, why not? Anyway, it was a great time and our companions (Smike and Melinda) were amazing. I would go on another trip with them in a second.

We really liked random funny signs...



And we enjoyed our KA experience so much we wanted to buy masks (too expensive):


Smike was REALLY excited about the Pin Ball Hall of Fame (we played like 20 different machines for only 50 cents-1 dollar):
Part of the best meal I've ever had (and the most expensive). Seriously, the O-Toro made me think I was in heaven. Mmmm torooooo....



We're so funny:


My new thrift store dress!

Pretttttty:

Comments

Sophia said…
I wish I was in Brooklyn, staking celebrities. I am definately a little bit in love with Jermaine. He and I could go on dates. I think he would be a really fun date.

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Reflections