I love this moment so much that I want to have sex with it

AKA my favorite line from the Scrubs episode I just watched. Well it was either that line or "It's not a unicorn, it's a horse with a sword on its head that protects my hopes and dreams."

Anywhoo...this summer has been unbelievably busy. I went to my little brother's high school graduation a few weeks ago, met his girlfriend (my baby brother has a girlfriend??!!) and noticed how much he actually HAD grown up. It saddens me but I'm hopeful for his future as an adult at the same time. I've been the only "true" adult in my family for awhile. (I feel like more of an adult than my mom or dad, since they both still have this early twenties sensibility about them) Keith, my other brother, basically has no direction whatsoever in life, so I'm hoping that Paul goes to college and does something useful with himself.

I still love my whole family to death, those are just my thoughts on the matter. Here are pictures!:
Paul and mi mama


Paul and su novia


For July 4th (actually the 3rd) Mike, Brian, Alex and I went to Conesus Lake to watch the Ring of Fire and hang out with actor-y people. There were fireworks all across the lake for about an hour straight, we sat on the dock and watched them. It was really cool. I don't have any good pictures because my camera died that night, but Mike has some fun ones. There were flares all over the place so everyone looks like they're in hell in all of the pictures. I'll try to steal them from him and add them in later.

Last weekend I went to Binghamton with Andrew to see my supervisor's art gallery opening. He's a photographer, and he shoots closeups of cool things and then some other things, like nature; it was all really good. I wish I took pictures of his...pictures..., but I guess he or one of his family members took some pictures, so here are a few of those:

We hung out with Mike (my supervisor) a bit after the opening, and a few pictures were taken:
The artist


Andrew, feeling piratey



Sue got Andrew and I a hotel room for very cheap, which was very awesome of her, so we stayed there. We played cards, he gave me an interesting Tarot reading, and we finally went to bed pretty late in the night. My dad and Cindy met us in Ithaca, we went to lunch, and then I went to Geneva for the night. However....I was extremely tired from the night before and the traveling and whatnot, so I hung out with my friends for a little while, saw the Fireman's Parade, and then passed out on Sue and Joe's couch at midnight. I woke up to Sue prodding me with math equations (oh yes I remember that, Susan!) but managed to get about 9 hours of sleep, which was good, and needed.

The next day I made some cupcakes, watched Funny Girl, (not as good as I thought it'd be, but still worth seeing for me), waited for Mike, then we all went to my grandma's house for Paul's graduation party. Most of my mom's side of the family was there, and some of my dad's side too! (my dad himself didn't show up, but that's to be expected).

The highlights were:
--watching Keith get trashed
--seeing cousins I haven't seen in forever
watching my little 3rd cousin Joanna playing Violin and trying to play tennis with my brothers and Mike
--actually playing tennis myself
--getting to see my aunt and uncle (who are about 65 y/o) ride off on their giant red motorcycle

I got some good pics too:
It was quite a turnout


My dad's badass dad (if you notice, he's missing a finger), my motorcycle-riding uncle, and my dad's mom


I really don't know what any of them were doing, I think they were all drunk


Little Joanna


Paul with my cousin Leah's kids


I have no idea what's going on with Paul in this picture


Joanna trying to play with the big kids


Awwww


And that's about it. For now....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections