Brilex: the wedding

So I've been so busy these past few weeks, that I've barely gotten enough time to breathe, let alone finish everything for the house (or even go grocery shopping). But having these adventures gives me some material for blogging, so that's always good. Today I shall talk about the wedding of Brian and Alex (or Brilex's wedding). Brian is Mike's best friend from college and Alex is, as of right now, his wife. Next week I'll talk about my drunken escapades in Minneapolis.

So the whole weekend of May 31st-June 3rd was just kinda nuts. I had social engagements every day, and through it all a sleep dep run was going on at the lab (5 day runs that usually require all my attention). I ended up trusting my children aka minions aka lab techs to actually do their work without me asking how they were doing every second, and it went fine.

I'll just highlight points of that weekend and then show some pictures!

Thursday:
Clam bake/engagement party for Adam and Emily (we're going to California for their wedding in January).
High point: watching Adam and Emily (and Courtney) drunkenly swing at pinatas, and grabbing candy from the ground like a little kid
Interesting aside: I got to meet Amanda, who apparently had a very...forward...crush on Mike in the past

Friday: Wedding rehearsal/dinner for Brilex at U of R.
High point: Getting to talk to Emily for awhile, eating Dinosaur BBQ, seeing all of Mike's friends
Interesting aside: There is a beautiful park right across from where I work and I never knew it! I may have to travel through with rollerblades at some point.

Saturday: The Wedding.

Saturday morning I got to hang out with Mike's friend Molly (who is married to Mike's good friend Dan) for awhile during the day, since her and Dan were staying at our place. We walked around Park Ave and talked for awhile, it was fun. Then I got to meet Mike's friend Syed, who is one of only few of Mike's good friends that I hadn't met before. He brought us a few nice plants for our apartment, and it was good to finally meet him. Mike, Syed, Dan, Molly, Raj, and I all got ready at our apartment and headed out to the wedding.

The ceremony was short, which was awesome, but the lighting for pictures wasn't great and I couldn't really get any good ones. It was pretty hot so after the ceremony a bunch of the "wives, fiances, and girlfriends" of the groomsmen went to Abbotts for ice cream before the reception. I, for some reason, was the only "girlfriend" there, all the other girls were engaged or married, and decided to tell the stories of their engagements at Abbotts. Luckily Mike's friend from college Marie was there to be on the single side of things, otherwise I may have gone crazy.

After Abbotts, we went to the Museum of Science (I think...) for the reception. It was really interesting, with science experiments all around and things to play on. The food was good and the dancing was spectacular. Mike's best man speech was drunkenly interesting, and I got to meet Alex's parents, who are soooo nice.

At some point in the night, I caught the bouqet. Now Alex was aiming for me on purpose, but it was still funny. Some other guy caught the garter, and we were gonna do the whole garter putting on thing, but when I sat in the chair, Mike pulled up a chair and stood on it, glaring down (good naturedly) at the guy who was gonna put the garter on me. So the guy's girlfriend comes over and does the same thing, and the guy ends up putting the garter on her instead. I thought it was pretty funny, but you may have had to be there.

So after dancing, and dancing, and dancing....(I think that was all I really did) we blew bubbles at them as they were leaving, and then had a bunch of people over to our apartment. I didn't know most of these people, but it was fine. I talked to some lady about Strong Hospital and jobs there, and Mike made people many drinks. Then we kicked some of the people out, made beds for the rest, and we all passed out.

Here are some pictures from the entire day:
The blurry ceremony


Mike and I


Dan and Molly


The newly married couple dancing


Dancing Queens


Adam and Emily (...not the best pic of Emily but it's all I have...)


Sunday: Work party for Andy leaving for Afghanistan
High point: playing volleyball in the rain
Low point: getting drunk and falling down in front of many people

So that was that weekend, I'll be back again soon for some Minneapolis action.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections