Cranberry Jane

If I had my own rock group, it would be called Cranberry Jane. I thought the name up the other day while exchanging emails with one of the techs and I kinda like it. Maybe it's not as good as "Wet Lettuce", but we can't all be THAT cool :-P

So in the land of Cranberry, not much has been going on lately. I haven't been swimming, and as such, have lost all my muscle mass. I had to put together 5 leather chairs for the lab today, and I was exhausted. I really need to start swimming again.

I also did an MRI study again today. I'm becoming the MRI ho I think, because he wants me back next week. Hey, he pays in cash and I just get to sit and stare at things for an hour, it's fine with me!

In other hospital news, my grandpa is in the hospital. No, not the dead one, he'd never be the type to donate his body to science. The live and kicking one is no longer kicking so much. He got in a car accident and broke his hip (ripped it off the ball socket) cracked 6 ribs, and made his nose look like W.C. Fields.

He is 87, so the prognosis at first wasn't great, but he is a strong mother fucker and hung on through surgery and is now happily hitting on his nurses and throwing bed pans at my father. I've gone to see him nearly every day, since he's right upstairs from me, and yesterday when I went up I played 3 hands of Rummy with my aunt, grandma, and dad. God I love Rummy. My grandpa is lucky because, since he has 5 daughters and a very nice son who happens to not work anymore, he has constant company. I think that always helps.

In other news, I've started my old timey movie kick again. I purchased Alfred Hitchcock's Rope off of Ebay, and I just watched She Done Him Wrong with the very Rodney Dangerfield-ian Mae West and her superb double entendres. I also recently saw 12 Angry Men and Hud. I reccomend all of those films highly. I still have yet to watch All Quiet on the Western Front but I believe that will be good as well.

As I am also on an Ebay kick, I bought 8 intermediate level spanish language audio cds, which I've been listening to in the car to brush up. My Spanish is slowly coming back to me, and I was surprised at how much of the movie Pan's Labyrinth I actually understood (another great film). I got something for Mike for Valentine's Day/our 1 year anniversary (yeah it's on the same day as V day, how annoying I know) on Ebay also, and I'm hoping it comes before the 14th.

Well, I'm pretty tired, and I can't really think of anything else to say, so I'll be leavin now.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What is it?!?!?! WHAT IS IT?!?! I MUST KNOW WHAT YOU GOT ME! AHHHHHHHHH!
Susan Osborne said…
yes, it mixes "The Cranberries" with "Saving Jane". is that the kind of music you'll play also?

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections