Take a Mountain Turn it into a Mole

I have a few unimportant things to say. It looks like I've joined the ranks of my friends in not writing at regular intervals. Well it IS winter and prime Christmas shopping season, so most of my free time gets devoted to presents and plans and whatnot. But I still have things to say, so this blog is not even close to being dead.

1: I got to see Doug for the first time in about a year. Yay! Doug is always interesting and funny, and for some reason all these random actors remind me of him. I had drinks (or A drink) with him and a friend of his, and we talked for awhile. I wish he still lived in Rochester, the world would just be more fun.

2: I heard on E! (I only watch that channel whilst crocheting scarves for various family members) that actresses are dying their hair darker because it's the cool thing to do now to have dark hair and light eyes.


Well I just want to remind everyone that I have dark hair and green eyes. NATURALLY. Take that, Lindsay Lohan.






3: Speaking of my DNA, I went in an MRI machine for an hour the other day at U of R. It was for a research study of the visual cortex in people who are born without cones and only see black and white. Obviously I was a control subject. The cool thing about it is that if you ask for it, you get to keep a picture of your brain afterwards. So now I have a pic of the mid-sagittal slice of my brain. If anyone comments that they want to see it, I'll post it. Otherwise I won't, because it's kinda creepy and my nose looks awful.

4: During the aforementioned study, it was made even more clear to me how non-claustrophobic I am. I loved that machine, even though it was akin to being in a coffin, and I was so relaxed that I almost fell asleep a few times even through all the beeping and visual stimulation. I was born 4 days after my due date and my mom was in labor for 32 hours soooo I'm thinking that all that time being curled into a small space carried over into my grown up life. I heart blankets and would love to be tied up (yeah you heard me). I also wrap tape around my fingers tightly every chance I get. And on the flip side--I completely freak out if I'm not restrained and I'm somewhere high. None of that has any real meaning in my life, but I just find it interesting.

5: I live in a basement and I work in a basement. Thank God for Mike's house, because otherwise I would never see sunlight.

6: My father, who I thought was moving out of the house November 28th, is actually moving out December 28th. He probably just wanted to spend one last Christmas with us. Next year I'll probably be doing something with Mike anyway, so it's fine with me. Have I mentioned that my parents are not together anymore? Yeah. I don't even want to get into any of that right now, except that I STILL dont' know where my dad is moving. My brother knows, but won't tell my mom, and it's all ridiculous. Blah.

7: Because of all this family shiznit, I really don't like being in Geneva. If I spend too much time there I'll get angry. Just an overall anger that I don't realize until I'm in the throes of it. So that week I usually spend at my house at Christmas is NOT going to happen. I'll probably spend about 3 days at home and then head back to Rochester. I feel bad because Joe and Sue want me to come home more often and hang out, but it's just too hard for me and they can't understand it, they barely even know anyone that has a split up family. I'm also just getting to that point in my life where I could care less about going out to bars and I'm (sort of) planning for the future. Sue and Joe don't seem to be there yet, so it's like we're not on the same page anymore and it kinda sucks. But when I am home, I party it up as best I can, because they're my best friends and I still love hanging out with them.

8: I've been wanting a digital piano for about 2 years now, and I'm finally going to get one in a few months. I can't wait, I'm going to use my tax return for it. (Last year I bought my car stereo system with my return) I'm getting an ipod for Xmas from a certain Michael, so after I get my piano I'll pretty much have every big purchase covered and I'll have nothing left to get, which will be weird.

Okay that's it for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections