Christmas Songs

Last year I told everyone that I loved a few Christmas songs. Now, this year, I've been listening to Christmas songs on the radio at work while I score records. Some of these songs are SO FUCKING annoying. Here are the worst (in my opinion):

5: All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth by Spike Jones and His City Slickers.
ONLY because the guy singing that song sounds like the perverted old man from Family Guy, pretty much exactly. And that guy scares me.

4: Last Christmas by Wham.
It sounds nothing like a Christmas song should sound like. At least to me. Blah.

3: Little St. Nick by the Beach Boys.
I know there are some people out there who swear by the Beach Boys, but I really don't get into the whole falsetto singing thing. I hate the Bee Gee's as well. Plus this song sounds exactly like all of their other songs.

2: A Wonderful Christmas Time by Paul McCartney.
This entire song rubs me the wrong way, from the weird synthesizer-sounding beginning, to the refrain inexplicably repeated way too many times. I would say this is the worst Christmas song ever but....

1: Christmas Shoes takes the cake.
I actually don't even know who sings this. I didn't bother to look because ever time it's on I just tune it out. I don't mind songs about God or whatever, especially around Christmas, but this one is just too over the top.

My favorite Christmas songs are of course, Dominic the Donkey and Snoopy vs the Baron BUT I do have some favorite classics, because I'm sure not everyone has heard the others:

5: Bells Will Be Ringing (especially by Bon Jovi)
4: Baby Its Cold Outside
3: Carol of the Bells
2: The Nutcracker Suite
1: O Holy Night

Have a happy holiday everyone!

Comments

Joseph said…
sue and i heard "dominic the donkey" in borders last night. we did a little jig in honor of you.
Susan Osborne said…
I love the beach boys.

I hate you for ruining Christmas for me.

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections