Your Periodic Glimpse Into My Mind

I don't write much about what I'm thinking or doing in my life anymore, mostly because I don't have much time, but also because it seems boring in this ADD world of today.

But I have a few interesting things to talk about, so I guess it's worth it.

I got to play with snakes the other day. It was just as much fun as I thought it would be. I happen to love just about any animal/reptile/fish that exists. (well those deep ocean dwellers are just scary). So Mike and I went to Smike (the head of Mike's improv troupe) and his wife's house for dinner last week, and they breed snakes. They have about 20 of them right now, they just sold a bunch.

So of course I was excited to play with them. The first one that his wife gave me to hold was a python that was asleep. It was boring. It just kept sleeping and didn't move, so she gave me a more playful one. It was called a Children's python. (the pictures aren't mine, they're the closest thing the web can give me to what I saw)



It was really cute and playful. It kept crawling up around my arms and looking for random things to crawl onto. I kept it pretty much in check though so it didn't get into things.

Now since I was loving these snakes, Smike decided to have me hold his personal snake, a Savu python.



His wife seemed to be against it, she said that the snake "nips" sometimes and can be strong. So I was a little bit wary. But he brought it out so I decided to be nice and take it. The thing was f'ing STRONG. I could barely hold it. He told me not to let it get near my neck, because it could kill me if it wrapped around, and of course it starts crawling up towards my neck. So I ask him nicely to take it back. He takes most of it, but the snake I guess wasn't completely comfortable, and grabbed onto my wrist with its tail as I was letting go. Smike says "just don't move your wrist until he lets go on his own". So I'm just holding my wrist out into the air with this snake hanging off of it, for about 10 minutes. Finally the snake decides he's had enough with me, and let me go. It was REALLY fun though and now I want to play with more animals.

Other than playing with snakes, I've been working a lot on weekends lately. I barely saw Mike last weekend, since I worked twice on friday and overnight on saturday. But this weekend we're both going to Washington D.C. to visit with Angie, who I haven't seen in about a year and a half, and the last time I saw her she came to Rochester. Mike is kind enough to come with me to D.C., so she'll get to meet him, and I'll get to meet her new boyfriend down there. I'm super excited, I haven't seen her in forever, and I haven't taken a vacation in forever.

Another swimming update: I've been going religously once a week, doing 60 laps without much of a break. This past week I couldn't do it because the pool was closed for some reason, but I did go home and do tae-bo. I can actually see definition in my abs and my arms now, and it's so fun to look at. I feel really stupid posing in front of a mirror clenching my abs or biceps, but I hear that it's okay to do so I guess I'm still relatively normal. I *have* gained about 4 pounds though, all of which is muscle I've decided (since my clothes still fit). I hadn't gained a pound since high school and all of a sudden I weigh 4 pounds more than I did. It's just very weird to me, but I'm gonna keep swimming.

Other than swimming, working, and watching every episode of every season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (oh yeah Mike and I are completely hooked), I don't do much else. I started crocheting like I said I would, and I made my grandmother a pot holder. I am now making a scarf for myself, which will probably not be finished until Christmas, but whatever, it's something to do.

Okay time to go get some free panties from Victoria's Secret. (I heart their credit cards, you get free stuff all the time) I'll update with details from our D.C. trip in about a week.

PS: Listen to the new My Chemical Romance album, it roooooocks.


Comments

Sophia said…
"I hadn't gained a pound since high school and all of a sudden I weigh 4 pounds more than I did. It's just very weird to me"
Shut up. You can go to hell.

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections