When You're Strange Faces Come Out of the Rain

So about 2 weeks ago now, I traveled with the boyfriend to D.C. to visit Angie, who I haven't seen in about a year and a half and I hadn't visited in D.C. in about 2 years. That's much to long to wait to see her, methinks, but that's what happens when people grow up I suppose.

Our plane tickets were only 88 dollars a piece, which was awesome, and since they were so cheap we had to work to actually GET to Angie, taking an airport shuttle and an Amtrack train to where she lives on Capital Hill. But that was fine, since Mike and I both had our DS Lite's and I am a KICK ASS Mario Kart player.

We got to Angie's on saturday at about 5pm. We hung around with her and Julie (her roommate) for awhile, and then went out to dinner at Thai Chef, which made me become even more obsessed with sushi. Mike kept giving me pieces of sushi to try, first the easy stuff, tuna, (I loooove Toro) then some odd mixture of tuna, yellow tail, and caviar. That was edible, but it freaked me out a bit. I never thought I would be a sushi person, but it's seriously an addiction that I can't seem to stop.

After dinner we went further up the street to a bar called Chi Cha or something weird. It was a nice place, but got very crowded after awhile. A lot of Angie's friends showed up there, which was nice, and I got to meet her new boyfriend, who I immediately drunkenly said weird things to, which I'm sure Angie was expecting. We took some pretty bad pictures (just of me, I look fat) and drank a lot, and went home in a cab.




The next day was super crappy. It was rainy and windy all day. We managed to make it out for breakfast/lunch with Mike's friend that moved to D.C. and his girlfriend, but then we went back to Angie's place and watched Sex in the City (well Mike pretended he wasn't watching but I know he was). We went out to dinner at a Cuban place with Dave, where Angie hit her head a lot and I kept saying more stupid things. Angie had work the next morning, so Mike and I stayed up playing 90s Trivial Pursuit, which was more fun than I ever thought it could be.

The next morning we were left to our own devices, and we found our way to the International Spy Museum, which proved interesting for a few hours. We then wandered around China Town and went to Ruby Tuesday's for lunch (we were sick of spending money at that point). We also saw Stranger Than Fiction, which I recommend to Will Ferrell likers and haters alike. This is a very different role for him, but I think he does an amazing job. I ran into this girl I know from Rochester on the streets of D.C. and she pointed us to a wine shop where we bought Angie and Julie some thank you wine.

Oddly enough that took up our whole day (we woke up pretty late) so we made our way back to the Hill and met up with Angie again. We went to a cute pizza place with her that made me want to go to Italy (everything makes me want to go to Italy) and tried to go to bed early after some more Trivial Pursuit, then in the morning we were off for Rochester.

It was great to see Angie again and meet Julie and Dave, and I got to go on my first trip with Mike and we had a great time traveling, so now that gets checked off my mental list of things to possibly be worried about.

Join me next time when I discuss how my grandmother smoked us out of Thanksgiving dinner, or how my father is moving out and I have no idea where or how to reach him. It'll be great fun.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The Spy Museum made me wanna sing "Secret Agent Man," which is always a plus...

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections