A Night Out

So my amazing boyfriend took me to a dinner at Tastings last night. This was a dinner to end all dinners, I kid you not. This is how it went down:

drinks:
"Flock of Seagulls" mixed drink
bottle of wine
water

appetizers:
some specially-made shrimp that I can't remember the name of
zucchini fries (if you go there, GET THESE)
a salad split between us that had us try 3 different kinds of bleu cheese dressing

entre:
chicken with polenta and vegetables, au jus

desserts:
one cream puff-strawberry thingy which was one of the best desserts EVER, and which Mike actually bought and brought into the restaurant for them to prepare for me
some raspberry, passion fruit, and mango sorbet
some cookies, assorted

Now folks, this was just MY HALF of the meal. I think I sufficiently stretched my stomach, but it was all excellent. I randomly have cravings for those zucchini fries and the strawberry dessert now.

This was a secretly planned (by Mike) meal, after which we went to a secretly planned (by Mike) play at Geva. The play was just...okay. We both had problems with the main actress but it was still a very fun and entertaining night all around.

Oh and we weren't celebrating an anniversary or any holiday.

Jealous yet? :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Geez, I'm all sorts of jealous! Oh wait, I was there...

For the record, they were "grilled thai shrimp," with a coconut milk reduction for dipping.

My halibut was phenom, and the vailla napoleon was delish. And you're Beautiful.

'Nuff said :-)

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections