Dream a Little Dream

I know I've mentioned multiple times in here that I'm sort of a dreaming expert. Not that I can analyze people's dreams for them, because unlike Freud, I believe that dreams rarely have deep meaning. I mean that I can remember about 75% of my dreams and I can do funny things with my dreams. Also they are fucked up as hell.

Case in point. I haven't gotten much sleep lately, so I was exhausted when I went to bed last night. I actually woke up and turned my alarm off and went back to sleep, which I've never done in my entire life, that's how tired I was.

This was the dream I had last night. (and yes it probably is a rip off from Battlestar but I wasn't thinking that in the dream at all)

So in the dream I started watching this movie before I had to go into work, and I was gonna only watch a little of the movie before I went in. I had watched the film the year before and knew it was scary and that I shouldn't be watching it by myself. The film was called "Hashido" and it was a Japanese pixar type film. In the beginning, the title came on the screen all in white. When the credits were coming on, there was a little insect carrying a leaf around.

Then all of a sudden I was being told to get up and follow my friend Stacey. Stacey was a "sleeper", one who knew about a race of aliens who were trying to take over but who was trying to help the humans. She gave me a head nod and I knew I had to run as fast as I could to follow her. She was picked especially for her fast running skills, and she ran down these huge flights of sparkling white staircases. Because she was running so fast, I knew I couldn't really catch up that way, so I jumped down entire flights of stairs at a time. I knew it wouldn't hurt my feet, but I wasn't sure why.

After the stairs we came out at what looked like the Sturges Quad (at Geneseo) and she ran up to a plum tree and grabbed a piece of fruit and took a bite. I did the same, and it tasted really good. But she stopped, and threw the fruit down.

Then I was laying in my bed again, and I found a note from her, written all in Spanish. It told me that during a misson, should she stop to pick up fruit, it's something she needs to do, but I don't, so just wait it out. She said yesterday it was rotten fruit so her plan wouldn't work. I noticed a small flying bug hovering near me and the note, and I knew it was a spy for the aliens.

Then I decided I didn't want to be a part of this mission anymore, because I had just done it last year and was bored of it. So I started eating pizza. As I was eating the pizza I knew that the aliens were going to come for me and try to extract information out of me in the most painful way possible. However, I knew that this was part of the movie I had been watching, and I wasn't worried. Then I woke up.


Now the movie thing, while it may be odd to some people, is commonplace in my dreams. I think it's a kind of lucid dreaming for me. I'm too logical to think that any of this stuff could ever happen in real life, so I make it part of a movie. Almost any dream I have that involves fantastical things gets explained away by me either watching a movie or being involved in one.

Also, for a time, I would wake up, go back to sleep, and relate my previous dream to someone in my next dream. How cool is that? It also makes me remember them better. I don't do that anymore because I need to wake up in real life and go back to sleep and that doesn't happen very often.

Oh yeah and the word "hashido", I have no idea where that came from.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections