I am boycotting the Superbowl

Now that I have a boyfriend who isn't obsessed with sports all the time (unlike Patrick) I don't feel I have a reason to partake in watching sports on TV. I do like to watch baseball occasionally, but with basketball and football, if I don't have to watch the games I won't. Real life playing is completely different. Anyway so Andrew is working and then going home to play on his computer, Angela and Adam are nowhere to be found, and I say fuck it I'll play poker and write in my blog.

So along these lines, I have a small story to relate to you all:

I was at Andrew's all night after seeing the film Sideways (good film, love the sex scenes) and we kinda just laid around til he had to go to work at 3 today. So I hadn't showered or even brushed my hair before I left. I am also a bit sick, with a runny nose, so my nose is currently all red. At this time I'm also kinda tired and not really in the mood for conversation. So I have to get gas on my way home and I'm thinking I just get out, stick my card in the machine, fill'er up, then get my unkempt ass out of there. I get to the gas station, get out, stick my card in, and hear a voice...

Random Guy: "it's gonna take awhile"
Me (looking around for source of voice and finally finding it behind me): "no it seems fine, maybe it's your pump"
Random Guy: "Oh are you using 89 or something?"
Me (now getting annoyed because he hasn't stopped talking): "Nope 87, it's fine for me."
Random Guy: "So what are you doing for the Superbowl?"
Me (wtf can't he see that I look disgustingly ugly?): "umm nothing really"
Random Guy: "What? Not even a party? C'mon"
Me (STOP TALKING TO ME PLEASE): "yeah I'm not really into it this year."
Random Guy: "But it's an excuse to get drunk if anything."
Me (giving in because I'm almost done pumping): "well I went to Mardi Gras on friday so I'm still recovering from that"
Random Guy: "Oh really where did you go? I was at Sallingers."
Me (hurriedly walking to my car door): "Milestones then A-Street. Well have fun at your Superbowl party"
Random Guy: "Okay have a good day!"
Me: slam door, drive away.

Of course the one time I don't feel like talking to anyone I get 20 questions at the gas station, of all places. Figures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections