California has kidnapped my boyfriend

Speaking of California....I wish I was there right now, since it's like negative 2 degrees here in lovely Rochester. Grrrr. Anyway, yes I am living without Andrew until a random point in January. Yay. At least I get Christmas and New Years to take my mind off of it. From a non-selfish standpoint, I'm happy he went. My mom would be ecstatic if I was away for 6 months and then came back, especially to be there for xmas and my birthday, and I know his brother and sisters wanted him to be there.

So other than that, I've had a very busy couple of days. After I got back from Geneva this past weekend, Andrew and I went back for Sue's birthday and had a fun time bowling and drinking. (I bowled a 163, wooooooo) After a quick trip to the dentist, we went back to Rochester and I dropped him off at home while I went to work for about an hour, then got to hang out with Doug (and Mike, who NEVER hangs out). We went to Mex and I had flan, then hung out at Cindy's for awhile, then went to the Distillery, picking Andrew and Angela up along the way. I ate waaaay too much but got to listen to Cindy and Catharine argue, which made up for it.

Friday was just as busy. I went to work early and left by 4:45 to get my hair done. It is now darker (almost black) with bright red highlights. I love it. I never get to do different things for fear of what people will think, though I always want to. So my hair took 4 hours, then I stopped at Andrew's work to show him, stopped at wegmans, the mall, then rushed back to my apt to visit with the newly engaged Maura and Chris. (WOW) So during their visit we watched Boogie Nights. Good movie, never seen it. They left later, Andrew and I exchanged presents (I got a new black purse and perfume, yay!) and then just went to bed.

So yesterday we woke up early, I followed Andrew around as he ran errands, watched sadly as he packed, brought him to the airport, and then left before I broke down crying (I am such an emotional baby) After leaving the airport I went to East View, ran into Charles and Jesse, did NOT buy a dress, which was the whole point, hurried back to the apt, said hi to Sara Perkins who was visiting, quickly got ready, and went to my Winter Gala.

So at this gala I run into Sjenene, which was awesome b/c we hardly ever get to hang out (well we didn't exactly get to hang out, she was working and I was busy getting drunk but STILL) I got to eat the best mushrooms of my life, and I got tons and tons of free chardonnay (THANKS SJENE). This made me highly drunk, and consequently I stole a balloon off the table, danced badly, did a flip in a dress and heels, and blamed the bartender for god knows what, something about giving me too big of a drink. We went to some doctor's party afterwards, at which point I got horrendously tired and wanted to go home. I was supposed to go to the bars with Sara and Angela (and Angel, Catharine and Erin) but I just couldn't make it, so Catharine and Erin came over and hung out for a little while. It was fun but I was falling asleep.

So I crashed in my bed, woke up at 2am when Andrew called me saying he was home, went back to sleep and today FINALLY got a day free of running around. Well... I did walk to Park Leigh, bad idea.

Note to self: do not walk 5 blocks in 0 degree weather with no hat again. :-/

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sjene!?! I remember her!!! Tell her the big E says hi! Oh, and Merry Christmas, Erica. Happy New Year too... me, I'll be celebrating it from work :-(

-El
Erica said…
Thanks "El", hope you had at least a little fun for the holidays!

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections