And now...dun dun dun...the wedding post!

Finally!

I figured I should do it before I forget the details.  Plus, we've been married for almost 7 months now.  There is no excuse for me not posting about it.

So, as with some other postings, I'm just gonna go over the highlights of our whirlwind weekend that was June the 25th-June the 27th, of 2010.  Otherwise it is gonna be waaaay too long of a blog entry for anyone to handle.  And it will already be long as it is.  But I've included pictures to add spice to all the boring words!

June 25th:
-Rehearsal dinner! (And my brother's 25th birthday...he was good about sharing.)
-This was the day that both Mike and I (and my mom) were rushing around like lunatics, trying to get everything done.  (Note to future brides: don't try to save money by having 50 people over to your
childhood home, it is nerve wracking.)

11am: Mike arrives home from his Bachelor party consisting of kayaking/camping the night before.
11:30am-4pm: Mike and family are in Victor trying on tuxes, running around grabbing odds and ends, and ultimately, buying a new grill (that's a whole other story, involving mouse nests).
12pm: 4pm: My mom and I visit Rite Aid, Tops, Ventosa, the flower shop, etc.
5:30pm: People start arriving...I force 2 of my bridesmaids to make a dessert for me because I have no time. Mike is done putting together the grill and then starts preparing food, which he will do for half the rehearsal dinner.
5:45pm: Lauren arrives and does my makeup in a "preview" for the next day.  It looks amazing!
6:30pm: I relax a bit and eat about 2 bites of food.  Mike is still preparing food.
7pm: Angela's fiance (at the time) agrees to be our grill master, which Mike and I are supremely thankful for. I force Mike out of the house to try and get the actual "rehearsal" part of the night going.
7:15pm: We finally get everyone together for a random rehearsal of a 15 min ceremony that we are pretty much winging as it is.

7:30pm: I finally relax completely and talk to Mike's aunt and uncle for awhile until I realize that someone has left the dinner without their present, so I rush around giving everyone presents.
8pm: Mike gets to relax and chat with people, and as it gets dark, some people leave and some people play badminton.


8:30pm: People start to notice that hitting the "shuffle" button on my ipod is not the best idea.  
9pm: Mike gives me his grandmother's diamond cocktail ring, and I give him a steampunk pocketwatch.
9:30pm: Exhaustedly, I head to the hotel, driven by Joe, who was maybe a bit drunk but very very sweet.
10pm: I party with bridesmaids while Mike sleeps alone in my childhood bed :-)
12am: Nervous sleep but I'm also very excited...

June 26th:
The Big Day.
-I didn't actually see Mike before the ceremony, but I believe that he went to one of the hotels and met up with the groomsmen, then they all went to Ventosa early to make sure everything was set up, etc.

10am: I travel with bridesmaids (all but Lauren) back to my childhood home for hair appointments.   

10:30am-2pm: We spend the morning alternately getting our hair done and putting together centerpieces for the 20 tables.


2pm: Brady, the (amazing) wedding photographer arrives to take some "getting ready" shots.  Lauren was running a bit late and I needed her for makeup, so there was a bit of tension because I wanted Brady to actually be able to get to shoot the guys getting ready too, but it all worked out in the end.

2pm-4pm: This is my "crazy bride" time.  It's mostly a blur.  I'm pretty sure I had about 1083 things to do and kept forgetting about them and then remembering a minute later.  Finally I just had Angie remember a bunch of stuff for me.  Another note for future brides: delegate!  It is much less stressful!

 4pm: Mike keeps calling because he wants to change the ceremony site from the grassy lawn area to the terrace due to rain.  I say fine!  I wanted it there in the first place, but I thought we would have too many guests.  This works out perfectly.  
4:15pm: We leave for Ventosa a bit early (wow!). PS: Look at our awesome cake topper! So adorable:

4:30pm: We arrive at Ventosa after playing "pick a random song on Sue's ipod" to keep my nerves at bay.  At the point when we actually arrive, I am super nervous.  My bridesmaids usher our guests out of the "wine tasting" area and I stand around with bridesmaids and/or my mom, and the standing around makes me crazy(er).

5pm: We start the ceremony!  My mom and dad get along (barely).  Everyone starts walking from the middle of the aisle, which doesn't make sense but whatever.
5:05pm: I start walking down the aisle (to Muzetta's Waltz) with my dad.  I can tell he is nervous because he won't stop talking or stepping on my dress.  Surprisingly, as soon as we started walking, my nerves calmed completely.

5:05-5:10pm: Bob reads a little canned passage, then invites my mother up to do a reading.  She wrote it herself and it is more about God than us, but that's ok, I give her points for the effort.

5:10-5:20pm: My mom sits down and Keith and Jadelynn go up to play and sing "You Belong To Me", which is the best part of the ceremony, in my opinion (besides our Recessional). PS: Ben looks directly at the camera in a lot of our wedding shots.  I'm gonna have to ask him about that. 

Then he pronounces us, we kiss, and walk down the aisle to "The Legend of Zelda Orchestrated".  Hell yeah.

5:45-6:15pm: We take lots o awesome pictures. Paul gets really drunk, as do other guests, apparently.


6:30-6:45pm: We make our grand entrance to the Darth Vader theme from Star Wars.  Mike and I do our almost choreographed dance number to "Chasing Cars" and then my dad and I dance awkwardly to "The Rainbow Connection".  He is still stepping all over my dress, but it isn't his fault because the train keeps falling. Mike and his mom dance to "Wind Beneath My Wings".




7pm: Speeches!  Angie makes hers embarrassing and sweet.  Ben's is ridiculously stand-up like and an instant hit with the crowd.


7:15-11pm: Another blur of greeting guests, dancing, cutting cake (barely remember that) and posing for pictures.  We ditched the garter toss idea, but we totally forget to throw the bouquet.  Oops.  I really don't care.  There is karaoke, and we have no shortage of guests who want to do it.  By the end of the night, my feet would barely move, but I was extremely happy.  The funny thing is, Mike and I barely spent any time together that day, even at the reception.



12am: Back to hotel...where we finally get some together time ;-)

June 27th:
Before we head back to Brooklyn, Mike and I have booked Brady for a "Trash the Dress" session.  We didn't have a good idea in mind for a place to shoot the pictures, but Brady suggested the train yard across from the State Park.

So after we went there, we then headed over to my dad's recently purchased old lumber mill, which had no shortage of weapons and scenic wreckage.  It was awesome, and most people say the pictures from that day came out better than the pictures from the wedding day.  I'll let you judge from a few of our top choices:





The End

Stay tuned for...the Honeymoon blog! (Hopefully coming soon to a browser near you.)

Comments

Michael said…
Your memory is amazing, baby!

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections