Two Can Keep a Secret If One of Them is Dead

Hey blog happen-upon-ers. Yes, it is I! The overlord of this blog. I have deigned to write in it again, after many months. It's funny, as a person (or perhaps as a woman), I'm not overly emotional. When people die, I usually think "ok now more space for everybody else". Before people start throwing bricks at me, I'm not some crazy psycho killer or anything, I usually only think that way about celebrities. When Michael Jackson died, I thought "hmm interesting" and that's about it. I have another entire blog entry about me having trouble telling people that I love them. Okay this is getting off topic quickly (I am highly caffeinated currently). My overall point was that with people I don't usually get emotional, but I will get emotional with animals or inanimate objects (mostly animals). I felt such supreme guilt when I stopped playing "Brain Age" for a month or so, that I've never gone back to it, for fear of Mr. Yamagachi or whatever the hell is name is. He tells me that I've been gone for soooo long, and I don't need that crap from him! So I don't think I can ever stop writing in this blog, for fear that I'll never look at it again after I stop.

Phew...okay. So...wedding plans are going well. We are probably going to have the most stress-free wedding ever (ask me again the day before the wedding though). We have booked almost everything that needs booking, and most of it very much ahead of time. My bridesmaid dresses have arrived already, and we have registered for gifts (at Bed, Bath, and Beyond...hint hint.) My mom is helpful but not overbearing, and my dad just keeps offering money. I couldn't have asked for easier planning.

So besides that, I've been mostly working. My schedule never seems to match up with my current two favorite work friends, Igor and Paul. I guess Igor isn't a work friend anymore since he is currently unemployed and in Israel searching for a wife. But he is still a friend nonetheless, and hopefully we will hang out again when he gets back. My superviser never wants Paul and I to be on the same schedule, for no reason at all, so we don't really see each other much either. Many of my coworkers seem to have some kind of "thing" for me, which is amusing bordering on annoying. I blame it on the fact that I'm the only girl that works nights. In unrelated news, the guys that work at the Dunkin Donuts on 9th Street seem to all be in love with me as well. Today they were all giggling and staring at me, and I got the best drink of my Dunkin Donuts drinking career. Then one of the guys told me that my sunglasses looked good on top of my head, and to keep them there. Weird...

In entertainment news, I've seen many old (and I mean OLD) Alfred Hitchcock films lately. I maintain that he is a GENIUS. Even his films from the 1930s rocked. I've now seen 20 of his films, probably more than I've seen from any other director. I also watched ANOTHER Wong Kar Wai film (I've seen many of his films, too). A gay film called Happy Together with who else, Tony Leung. It's not a Hong Kong film without ole Tony. Which I'm grateful for, since he's so sexy. I also watched a strange Austrian film called Funny Games, which you should not see if you mind violence for no reason at all. I enjoyed it though.

In theaters, I've recently seen 500 Days of Summer, with another of my favorite actors, Joseph Gordon-Levitt. A story about unrequited love? I'm there. Wonderfully quirky film. I'm not the biggest fan of Zooey Deschanel, but she was definitely good in the film. If you're wondering whether or not you should see it, watch this video. If you like this, you'll most likely like the film, even though the subject matter is completely different.


I've also recently seen Disctrict 9. I hadn't heard one bad review about that film, so I was excited about it. It lived up to all of my expectations. The greatest thing about it was the unknown cast. I love when a big film has an unknown cast. You know a movie is gonna suck if it is a big budget action film with tons of big name actors. Now I know the movie is foreign, and maybe the foreign actors are big in their country, but it worked very well in this film. And the special effects were GREAT. The bad guy...weakest part of the film. But I'm highly critical in general, so if that's the only bad thing I can say, it's definitely something.

My new favorite tv show (I have many) is called Skins. Joe introduced me to the show. It's a BBC show about 17 year olds who drink, do drugs, and have sex. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a huge fan of all of those things, (maybe not the drugs so much) and the directing/editing/music is AWESOME. Love love love that show. Sometimes I feel like it's a guilty pleasure, but then I make someone watch it, and they become obssessed right along with me. I've gotten most of my work people obsessed with it, but Mike won't watch. Perhaps because we are behind on 24 seasons of tv shows that we need to watch together...not the tv show 24, but that many seasons of different shows. Oy. Watch this promo and tell me Skins is not hot (Embedding is disabled but just follow the link):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4R65yl2-BY

A week ago, I went to visit Andrew in Connecticut. I didn't realize how easy it is getting back and forth (except for him driving a half hour to pick me up). It takes less than 3 hours, so I really hope I can see him more often now. It was a great weekend. It's always fun to explore places you haven't been before, and to do it with one of your best friends! We ate at a Post Office turned Brewery, which had the coolest names for beverages ever (Imperial Knight Wonder Whammer!), shared a GIANT calzone at another place, and we walked around UConn. Other than that, we mostly just hung out and caught up on all the stuff we used to do, like play video games and watch strange anime/tv shows. It was definitely great to see him again without the schedule being completely regimented.

Well sorry this blog entry is so boring, but I really have to get back into the swing of things again. I just wanted to say that I'm still here, and still writing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections