NYC Comicon 2009

So I wanted to buy Mike and I tickets to NYC Comicon 2009 for our 3 year anniversary. I thought it would be a great treat for both of us. What I didn't realize was that I would enjoy it more than he would. Oh he had a great time, for the most part, but he was getting sick and didn't realize it, so he was a little crabbier with the crowds while I had my head in the clouds.

Apparently there are 0 good youtube videos of the amazing time I experienced at NYC Comicon, so I am not posting a link with my title and you guys will have to judge based on my AMAZING (Zim voice) pictures.

I'll run down the 3 days we were there with as little exposition as possible:

Friday
-We arrive there around 2pm: not too crowded!
-We run around the main area looking for cool stuff/celebrities
-Pictures pictures pictures (mostly of cool geeky costumes)
-We run into Jimmie being suitably geeky
-We only find a Donnie Darko 2 t shirt and an angry-ish Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)
-We rush the Penny Arcade table and Gabe and Tyco
-We run into Igor wandering around, and decide to have a way too expensive lunch
-We all race into the large panel room to see Takashi Miike (Odishon) only to find that he's made a horrible children's movie called "Yatterman". We then leave the presentation.
-We wander around the main area some more: I buy a Ghostbusters t-shirt
-We leave at 06:30pm

Saturday
-We arrive at 1pm
-We go back to our new best friends, Gabe and Tyco, to get more shit signed
-We run downstairs to find a decent place in line to see Seth Green/Breckin Meyer's Robot Chicken panel
-Waiting in line...
-Waiting in line...
-Seth Green and Breckin Meyer! Who were both hilariously awesome the entire time.
-We almost run into Scott Adsit wandering around outside the Robot Chicken panel... I was THIS close to telling him to be on 30 Rock more often
-We semi-stalk Amber Benson from Buffy and decide she looks too awkward to speak to
-We try to secure a place in Milo Ventemiglia line via Igor and Jimmie...didn't quite work
-We go back upstairs and hang with Aaron Douglas and Mark Shepard from Battlestar Galactica
-Igor gets in an argument with Mark Shepard-we leave him alone
-John Noble from Fringe winks at me
-We lie on the ground, exhausted, and wait to speak to John Noble and Jasika Nicole from Fringe
-Igor meets a new friend, scary pig man
-Pictures with John/Jasika, who keep calling me "fiance"
-Jimmie surprises us with a ticket to meet Milo, get something autographed, and get a picture with him, hurray for Jimmie!
-We meet new friends in the hour we waited for Milo
-Milo actually TOOK the picture of us with our camera!
-Exhaustedly leave at 7pm

Sunday
-I convince Joe to come back with me, as Mike is busy
-We arrive at 12pm
-We wait in a huge line to see Joss Whedon and Tahmoh Penikett
-Joshua Jackson literally walks right by us
-We get seats near the back of the big panel room-doesn't matter because I'm in the SAME ROOM AS JOSS WHEDON
-Joe gets bored, texts people during the discussion-he is a good friend
-I salivate over jokes about Buffy and Angel (and Battlestar!)
-We decide to stay for the Fringe panel and move up to get better seats
-We notice that the ENTIRE cast of Fringe showed up for this
-After the panel we look halfheartedly for cool things on the floor, then just decide to leave
-We leave at 3pm

I literally was entirely excstatic the entire time I was at the Convention. I hope Mike wants to go back next year :-)

Here are the pictures, if you haven't seen them on Facebook already. Let me know if you need better captioning-I feel as if they speak for themselves but I also know who all of these people are. Except that weird tottering...cat?

Friday's Pics:


Saturday's Pics:


Sunday's Pics:

Comments

Joseph said…
hey hey HEY - that "good friend" comment better be sarcasm. i don't watch joss whedon shows and i have no idea who tahmoh penikett is, besides being an attractive man.
Erica said…
Actually it wasn't sarcasm, I was saying it was nice of you to come since you aren't interested in any of that stuff...it sounded weird though I guess.
Joseph said…
oops. agreed. totally meant that it better NOT have been sarcasm. it seems my sentences can be misconstrued if i leave out a key word...

also, my verification word for this comment is "beastly"... tee hee.

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections