A Month...Eeesh

Well I try not to go this long without writing something in here, but apparently when you move to NYC your life moves extremely fast. And I don't even live in Manhattan!

With the exception of this weekend, we've had visitors for the last 3 weekends, and then I've been working the other days. Work takes energy out of me for a couple days past when it ends, so it's a good thing I only do it 3 days a week. I loved having visitors, getting to do things I wouldn't normally do if there weren't other people around.

When Angela and her boyfriend came up, we went to Century 21 and a good dessert place in Times Square (although subsequent visits to Times Square has made me hate the place) and I saw my first Broadway Show ever.

When Joe came we went ALL around Manhattan which was cool, and I had my first Grimaldi's experience (voted best pizza in NYC about a thousand years in a row) and my first Ice Cream Factory experience (also voted best ice cream).

When my mom and brothers came I got to go back to the Natural History Museum, which I hadn't been to in 7 years. I also got to see the "Imagine" John Lennon memorial in Central Park and go on the rides at Coney Island before they're torn down.

In movie news, sometimes at work when we don't have a lot of patients we put movies on in the background. I've caught a good number of movies that way, and most of them ones I would have never seen otherwise. Watching so many classics has sort of made me a film snob, so I tend to snub most commercial fare unless it involves a superhero or Hugh Jackman (or both!). Well I just want to berate a few films in here (and commend a few) and then I'll be done.

Deception--Hugh Jackman, I love you to death. I would jump you the second I saw you, but you have to STOP producing (literally, he was the Producer) things that are only intellectually stimulating for a 10 year old. And Ewan McGregor? What were YOU thinking? The movie was not only boring, but I guessed every single thing that would happen, and I'd never even heard of it.



The Love Guru--I tried in vain to stop Annie from watching this at work, but she put it on anyway. It rivals Joe's Apartment for worst movie I've ever seen. Actually I think that I disliked it more than those stupid horror movies you rent just to make fun of. Mike Myers has reduced himself to penis and midget jokes. I don't know what's going on with him, but he's got serious size issues or something. Horrible, horrible movie. I'm not putting the trailer on here, plus it was overly advertised as it is.

Run Fat Boy Run-- The title sucks, but the movie is cute. I'm a sucker for romantic comedies (see next entry) and I'm a sucker for Simon Pegg movies. I don't have much to say about this except don't see it if you're expecting Shaun of the Dead funny. It was more like There's Something About Mary without the sexual humor. But it was good!



License to Wed-- As mostly everyone knows by now, John Krasinski is my favorite part of The Office. I wanted to see License to Wed when it came out, but then it got horrible reviews and I forgot about it. Well I saw it, and didn't hate it! What I consider to be awful movies usually have stupid humor and no plot line. This humor (although it may have looked it on the commercials) was not stupid and the movie kinda made sense to me. Maybe it's because I grew up Catholic, I don't know.



I haven't run into any celebrities yet (perhaps Amy Irving?). It's really hard to recognize them unless they're super famous and have crowds around them, like when Joe and I were trying to walk down the street and police made us go a different way because Miley Cirus was around. The only celebrity I could have seen was someone I don't give a shit about. Of course.

Mike and I hung out with a couple that was on Queer Eye, that was interesting. They are also friends with Rob Courdry, and said maybe we'd all hang out sometime. So I'll DEFINITELY post if I end up hanging out with him.

Speaking of Mike and I...we finally started kinda planning the wedding! I'll let you know how it's going once we have more done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections