Goodbye Sleep Lab

Today was my last day at the sleep lab. Ever! (Unless we move back to Rochester rather quickly, in which case Wil said I would have my job back.) Everyone at work has been so nice to me lately, wishing me luck and whatnot. I wish I could tell them everything I felt about them, but I can't. I can write my feelings like a faucet, but when it comes to speaking, I shut up. I think about things a lot, things I'll say in the future to people, things I'll say to people when just the right moment comes up. This almost never happens. It happens when I am drunk or when someone has just said something meaningful to me. That's about it.

Today after I hugged it out with Wil I managed to squeak out that he "is a really funny person" which sounds kinda weird but I know he took it well. I only said that because I felt like he was ripe from the hug. Otherwise I wouldn't have said anything, even though right now I'm starting to tear up because he's a really awesome guy. He's a great speaker, a smart man, and a hilarious person. And I barely even spoke to him at the lab! I can't even begin to describe how much I'm gonna miss some of the others, like the techs. Andrew is on a whole other level, I'm just denying til the bitter end that I won't get to see him every day at work anymore.

Michael called the lab today to tell me that I was the "sexiest guy at the lab" which is actually a compliment coming from him. Sara gave me a very beautiful card, and a couple days ago Carla bought me a cake and a picture that I had admired almost 3 years ago. She remembered that I liked the picture from that long ago. That's how nice these people are.

Sigh.

I'll let it go, I swear. I just really love people. I wish that I didn't get along with people so well. I wish I didn't find everyone fascinating, but I can't seem to help it. Then I leave a place and all of those interesting people are gone with it.

On a lighter note, Mike and I found an apartment in Brooklyn in 5 minutes! We flew down on the 17th to look at a bunch of places that we had lined up. At the first apartment building the owner showed us a "secret" apartment that he only shows people he really likes (based on intuition). The living room and bedroom are huge, the bathroom has marble walls and 2 shower heads, and the kitchen has granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances. It was only 30 dollars more a month than we had planned on spending, so we said YES right away and signed the lease that night. It's a 10 minute walk to my new job, a 5 minute walk to three subway lines, and he allows cats. So we're gonna get a cat when we move! Finally an animal for me to play with!

We are extremely busy until we move. I'm busy trying to hang out with every last person that I am going to miss when we move. I had dinner with Chris Campbell last night, who I haven't seen in an extremely long time. Tomorrow I think I'm eating with Smike and Melinda, who we haven't been hanging out with long, but I have really fallen in love with both of them over the course of the last year.

Sigh. Again. Watching the season finale of Grey's didn't help my dramatic side any. Oh! Speaking of drama...I filmed a Rochester tv commercial this morning. If you see any commercials for Walker's Celtic Jewelry on tv, let me know. I'm sure I look like an idiot in it, but it was still exciting!

Time to go wallow some more.

:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections