Catching Up (Pt 1)

Okay let me catch up a little bit on my life for the past month. I won't go into my NYC trip at the moment, but I definitely will in a few days.

In very early March I got an invitation from Arick to visit his new home in Palmyra. Angel and I were the only sleep lab cronies that could come, so we went and checked out his and his fiance's new place. It was a very cute, cozy house. Like a barn house but none of the dirtiness of a barn. He had some other people over, and we played some games and ate some food and had fun. Then I was talking to this lady from Canadaigua who knew pretty much ALL of my good friends from college, including Sara, Travis, Davey, Dave K., Janelle, and Sue's good friend Kristin (not from my school). It was really funny since this lady is in her 50s, but I guess Canadaigua isn't that big.

After Arick's place Angel and I picked up Tracey and went out to Vinyl, a new-ish bar/club on East and Alexander. It was fun, I hadn't danced in awhile. It was quite a leg workout. Mike met up with us, then after 2am we apparently hadn't had enough and went to an after hours bar on Park. I drank until I was silly, then made us go to wegmans and buy marshmallows and other things and go home and watch Angel. It was a fun night though.

Then on March 8th I traveled with Sara M. to Orlando for an Investigators Meeting. It is CRAZY how much money pharmaceutical companies have. First of all, we both got a round trip airline ticket for free, valued at 455 dollars. Then we each got our own hotel room, mine looked like this:
(yes there were 2 queen sized beds, a flat screen tv, a mini bar, an office space, an ottoman, and a balcony with table and chairs)

And this is what my view from my balcony looked like at 7am when the sun was coming up.

THIS is what the inside of the hotel looked like from right outside my room. I wasn't too happy about this, considering my slight fear of heights (I was on the 8th floor).

This was just some cute courtyard part of the place:

Back to the money thing: So, every meal was catered to us, (TONS of food), there was an open top shelf bar on the first night out by one of the pools, and we got little gifts.

And my favvvvorite part of everything, after the 8 hours of meetings I attended on the second day, I got to use the spa facilities for free. I went there, expecting there to be a million people in the pool, and found myself alone in a giant heated pool surrounded by palm trees on a 70 degree day. (remember back in early march it was FREEZING up here in Rochester) Then I got out of the pool when I was fulfilled, and got into the whirlpool, which I was also alone in. It was heaven for a water lover like me.

After my awesome pool experience, Sara and I had our only non pre-set meal in Downtown Disney, which was across from our hotel. So we walked around a little bit, and I got a few pictures before my camera died (sadly and geekily, I only took pictures of things made out of Legos):

We left early the next day, but it was awesome, and the only money I spent was on gifts for other people.

So the other quick thing I want to say is that I had a 100 dollar gift certificate from my supervisor to go to the Park Ave spa, so I randomly decided to go on St. Patrick's Day. I got a half hour massage (mmmmm....) my eyebrows waxed, and a makeup lesson. The last one is really what I needed. I am a girl who buys one mascara and uses it a few times and then forgets about it for 2 years. Apparently you're supposed to replace that every few months, who knew? I also didn't know how to open up my eyes with makeup, everything I tried to do in the past has shut them more. Soooo she showed me, and my eyes looked so amazing afterwards that I bought both the eyeliner and mascara that she used, and picked up some eyeshadow at wegmans. I had Sjene snap a picture, but we couldn't really figure out how to capture the eye makeup so this is the best we got:So the picture doesn't really matter, what matters is that I know how to make myself look prettier now!

Next time on Erica's blog....the greatest NYC trip to date.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections