You Look at My Shoes, I'll Step On Your Head

I'll get to where that part comes in later....

So on saturday evening I went to Geneva to see Joe and my family. What I didn't realize when I was going there is how freaking busy it gets having split up parents. My dad called me on the way home and wanted me to go to his place and meet Cindy, his girlfriend, and then wanted me to see my grandpa that night AND the next day. *I*, on the other hand, wanted to go to the movies with Joe and my mom the next day, but my parents are at the point where they only talk about each other to make fun of each other or put each other down, and I don't even want to mention to one that I'm hanging out with the other one, because ultimately I'm always met with a roll of the eyes or a "pffft".

So this weekend I managed to accomodate both people. I went and met Cindy, who is pretty much the complete physical opposite of my mom, but looks a lot like she could be one of my dad's sisters. She's definitely not better looking than my mom, but my mom is very good looking and never gains weight, so I guess it's hard to beat her. HOWEVER, Cindy doesn't seem crazy, and I can't say that for my mom.

So anyway I go with my dad and my brothers to see my grandpa, who is now back in Geneva and in rehab to be able to walk again. He developed an infection and now has a pic line to his heart. Apparently this is really bad and he could die, but for now he seems stronger than ever, and he is SHARP. He's not like a regular old man, he remembers everything and all the nurses love him because he just jokes around with them all the time, even if he's in pain. So it's really easy to visit him, because he never just dwells or feels sorry for himself.

FINALLY I go to Joe's place and get greeted at the door by one of the cutest things I've seen in a long time, this guy:



His name is Pete, and he's part Boston Terrier and part Beagle. He is Sue and Joe's dog, and I fell in love with him. He didn't bark at all while I was there, but he did jump and nip a lot. Oh and I slept on the couch with him that night, and he crawled on my chest and started licking my neck and ears in the middle of the night, it was adorable. Here are some more pics of him:




So after I had my fill of the dog, Joe and I ran some errands and then went back to drink. I bought a 40 of Labatt Ice and after remembering fondly the days of "Edward 40 Hands" with Angela at our old apartment, proceeded to drink the whole thing while watching Batman Returns with Joe. Both of us were obsessed with that movie when we were little so we kept trying to guess every scene that was gonna happen (he was way better at it). I learned how to do a front-hand spring when I was younger because of Michelle Pfeifer in that film, and I can still do one!

So after that we went out to Gallaghers:

We met up with Joe's new friend Lindsay, and then there were the drunk guys. And when I say drunk guys I mean like my ex boyfriend Pat drunk guys. Guys who probably would have fallen down and not gotten up if I'd pushed them a little bit. I'll tell you a bit about them now.

Guy #1: Steve C. I know who he is because he was a few years behind me in high school, and everyone was in love with his older brother. This kid would turn around from the bar and just point at me. Sometimes he would come over and say something nonsensical, and I would say something messing around with him like "tell your brother I say hi" to which he would respond "You know my brother??? Don't tell him about me!" He wasn't much of a problem, it was the other two guys who made lasting impressions.

Guy #2: Robbie V. I don't know him at all, but apparently Joe at least knows who he is, and I guess he's hot to some people, but he wasn't to me because I can't stress enough how unsexy a person is when they are fall-down drunk. So I accidentally bumped into him while I was getting a drink at the bar. He says "you got a nice ass, but not as nice as mine". I say, "I think it's better than yours." He starts holding his drink up like I'm gonna buy him one (which I eventually drunkenly gave into) and asks if I'm going out with the guy standing next to him. I of course say "yes he's my boyfriend" even though I don't know the other guy.

So Robbie has a small conversation with the other guy asking him about me and the guy plays along and says we're together. I walk away and Lindsay tells me that Robbie has a girlfriend and he just spent a bunch of money on her for Valentine's Day. The rest of the night was basically Robbie coming over to me and asking me to go home with him and me telling him I had a boyfriend (oh and Joe grabbing his ass once). I did snap a picture of us together, only so I could give you blog readers a sense of what he looked like.


See? Super drunk. This next guy was the worst, only because I almost got in a fist fight with him.

Guy #3: Mr. Loveshisshoestoomuch. This guy looked about 35, was wearing a big black overcoat, and was walking around leering at people. He came over to where Joe and I were standing, and stepped on my feet once, then proceeds to stomp on Joe's feet repeatedly. He says to Joe "You look at my shoes one more time, I step on your face." and walks away. Joe is dumbfounded, but I'm just pissed. In more ways than one. I was in drunken fighting mood, so I start glaring at the guy. He comes back over and I say "you stay away from him" about Joe. He just stares at me so I say "Don't you talk to him like that" and glare right into his face. He says "....okay" and just walks away. Who the fuck does that anyway? We weren't even looking at his stupid shoes.

So after the bar we just went back to Joe's and both fell asleep in the living room. The next day I went to see my grandpa again, went to see Dreamgirls with Joe and my mom (it was good, I really just wanted to see it before the Oscars because I like seeing what they are nominating), and went to my grandma's house for dinner. Lauren lovingly bought us both matching "Everyone loves an Italian Girl" shirts. She wanted us to try them on, and even though I looked chubby in it, she got Paul and I to pose for some pics:


So that was the end of my fabulous weekend at home. Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, but it's also my one year anniversary with Mike, and it's supposed to be horrible outside. Soooo I took the whole day off. Why not? I always end the year with like 2 extra weeks of vacation anyway. So yeah I'll post sometime later about the anniversary adventure that is yet to happen.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You DON'T look chubby in the shirt, ass. You look hot!

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections