Strange....very strange

I am at work. I think it's gonna be a very odd night here. This is based on a few happenings of the night so far:

As I was coming up the walkway to the entrance of psychiatry where I go into work, I see 2 cats. Who has ever just seen cats chillin outside of a hospital at 1 in the morning. Not me. So I say "hi kitty" to one of them, trying to be friendly, when it arches its back and runs away from me towards the other cat. They then start snuggling up to each other and meowing crazy like they're on crack. Strange.

I walk in the door and go down the hall and someone's office has an alarm clock going off very loudly. Did this person plan on taking a nap in their office and forgot to turn off the alarm? And apparently the alarm was set for very late at night, otherwise security would have gotten to it already. Strange.

So I come in and I go to see if anyone has commented on my blog, and after I type the address a page comes up (on multiple computers) saying:

"Destination Not Available Access to this web page is not available from University of Rochester Medical Center / Strong Health networks.
If you need access to this web site, please call the ISD Help Desk at 275-3200 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM."


Did they block my site from their system, and for what reason if they did? You would think it is just some random glitch that will go away soon, however the same exact thing happened to me last friday. I could go to other people's blogs fine. Strange.

Anyway not on that topic anymore, I went to see comic Lisa Lampinelli again saturday. This time instead of going with giant rugby guys I went with some other (equally tall) fellas. Sue came and brought Gabe, who I haven't hung out with in forever (discounting the drunkenness that was Vassarfest). Andrew came, Angela, Angela's brother and friend, and Maura and Chris. Everyone thought the comic was hilarious and even the 2nd time she was so funny. She just makes fun of people nonstop and uses every cursing word there is. So I went up to her after the show to tell her I liked it (AGAIN, I did this last year too, but I was drunk, whatever) and I'm trying to get words out b/c I had so much beer, so I was just like "I d'n hve 'nything for youtasign butIthink yuramazing" I think she was afraid of me b/c I was slurring so badly so she's like "god bless you honey, thanks so much." WTF? She is mean to EVERYBODY, her nickname is the Queen of Mean for godsakes. Whatever, it was pretty cool. Look for her new 1 hour special on Comedy Central, you won't want to miss it.

So after that all us drunkies came back to my apt and drank a little more and listened to Gabe on the floor shouting "Yeow Ming" for absolutely no reason. He was pretty gone. Sue was drunk too and crashed in my bed while I was still out in the livingroom with Andrew. After a while he decided he didn't want to sleep in a bed with me and Sue so he went home. I crawled into bed expecting to fall asleep but Sue woke up and we talked for awhile and called her "friend" Jon. Well I was drunk and she dialed but I called and CODY MORROW answered the phone, so weird. He was my first boyfriend, first kiss, first LOVE actually and now I just see him out sometimes and it's like "eh, he's not all that great". But it was so funny that I called and he answered and we haven't talked on the phone since 7th grade when we were "going out". I guess you probably had to be there, or be drunk, or something, but believe me it was funny.

So today I woke up at like noon and Angela and I went to the mall. I went a little crazy (I got paid last friday so that = $$$) and I bought a shirt, jeans, necklace, lip stuff, and got my ears pierced for the 5th time. (They keep closing up) Then I realized it's edging on the Christmas season and I better let my mom buy me some things or else I will have no presents under the tree this year. So I stopped buying stuff but I picked out many things in my head.

Speaking of the Christmas season, they were playing christmas music in every store in the mall today. I thought all that shit started after Thanksgiving but apparently not. I was appalled at first but now it kinda got me in the Christmas spirit. That's probably a good thing because I need to get going buying presents, usually I have a few more ideas by this time. I'm excited for Christmas, I get to make cookies with mi mama and listen to old records with my brothers. There are two reasons why it's gonna be kinda crappy though:

1: I'm gonna have to work some overnights right up until Christmas Eve and right afterwards

and

2: Andrew will be in California (his native homeland) for like a million years and I'll be missing him. Oh well I'm just being selfish about that one, since his family probably misses him year round and I get to see him way more than they do.

But other than those things I'm excited. I think I'm gonna ask my mom for the game "Cranium" and possibly Sex and the City DVDs, and then just a bunch of clothes. I know what I'm getting Keith and Paul, and I have my mom's and Lauren's presents already, so that's a start. My dad is going to prove difficult once again. I should just go the easy route and get him something edible. At least if he doesn't like it, it will go bad soon and we can all forget about it. Then I have boyfriend, friends, romans, countrymen, blah blah blah god Christmas really eats up the cash. Oh well it's worth it.

I'd like to take this time to remind my readers that it is currently 2:57 AM and although I am not totally spaced yet, I am getting there. So be kind if you see something a little kooky about the blog tonight. Thank you.

So...continuing on, since I have nothing better to do for another 3 and a half hours...I FINALLY got my Vassarfest/Sara's going away party tape back from my supervisor. I gave this to him back in July to make a copy of it for Sara to send her a dvd version. JULY people. I now have my tape back and I am ecstatic about it. I can't wait to see the drunkennes of Vassarfest re-lived. Of course a family gathering is on the tape too, which is kinda sad because my cousin Josh's baby Sebastian is on there right before he randomly died. He had a troubled birth but I didn't expect him to die. He was only 2 months old. I bet he could have been so good looking too, a hispanic father and a blonde mother. Hey wait that's like Andrew.....damn those interracial marriages produce hot children. Anyway yeah so that was pretty sad and now I have to know that he's on my video...I guess I can always just fastforward.

Hmm I think I'm running out of things to say, I went to see MTC the other night. It was pretty good but not as good as last year, stupid Kristin had to graduate, she had an amazing voice. I did get to see Devin again which was cool. He's so nice. Marissa wasn't in it, which was disappointing, but I got to see a lot of the people I used to talk to around the office. It was strange AGAIN being back in Geneseo but I'm slowly getting over it. Stupid aging process.

It is now 3:09. Oh no wait, it's more like 3:12. The clock in the lab is slow, how nice. I have been playing Final Fantasy X lately. I miss playing video games. Andrew is *slightly* obsessed with them so I'm getting back into them too but I like the really old school ones like Mario Bros or The Legend of Zelda for NES. God I should do a list of my favorite games for each system that I used to have (this only includes Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo, and Playstation)....maybe I will right NOW and prolong this blog entry even more.

Nintendo
-Super Mario Bros 1 2 and 3, all amazing
-The Legend of Zelda
-Mike Tyson's Punch Out
-Spy Vs Spy
-Double Dragon
-Castlevania: Simon's Quest
-California Games (especially Half Pipe, Surfing, and Rollerskating)
-SNK baseball (where I spent sooo much time creating and perfecting teams)
-Tetris
-Dynowarz
-Xexyz

Sega Genesis
-Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2, 3
-NBA Jam
-The Revenge of Shinobi (amazing game)
-Eternal Champions
-Mortal Kombat
-Ms. Pacman
-Spiderman vs Venom: Maximum Carnage
-Fantasia
-Jeopardy
-Streets of Rage

Super Nintendo
-Super Mario World
-Mariokart
-Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, and 3
-Mariopaint
-Street Fighter

Sony Playstation
-Abe's Oddysee
-some random golf game

Okay so you can see that as I got older and older I played less and less, I basically have only played one game for playstation, but I thought that game was amazingly awesome so I listed it. See as my brothers got older they stopped wanting to play the fantasy/fun games and wanted to play Tony Hawk and other sport type games all the time. I get bored with those kind of games, so hence by the time the playstation came along I basically stopped playing altogether. Although Keith hooked up the super old NES system last Christmas and we played Zelda together again like the old days. Anyway that was my little nostalgia trip for the night, now I really fucking want to play old school bad graphic video games but I'm stuck in the lab.

Okay I really should end this rambling craziness so I'm gonna go. Thanks for being patient and I will talk to you all later.




Comments

Erica said…
I only said "slightly" obsessed my dear, I wasn't being sarcastic...and it's making me like them more too so it's not a bad thing!! :)
rorytmeadows said…
LIVE. LIVE, LIVE, LIVE. DO SPONTANEOUS SHIT. DRINK ON NIGHTS YOU WOULDN'T NORMALLY. DON'T GO TO SLEEP. INVITE PEOPLE OVER. INVITE YOURSELF OVER. HANG OUT UNTIL YOU HAVE TO SHOWER FOR WORK THE NEXT MORNING. FUCK. EAT. DRINK. IM THAT EX GIRLFRIEND. ASK THAT PERSON FOR FREE SEX. BUY THAT INDULGENCE. EAT THAT INDULGENCE. LISTEN TO THAT INDULGENCE. FUCK THAT INDULGENCE. DO WHAT FEELS GOOD. IGNORE GUILT. DO THAT PAPER AT THE LAST MINUTE. GET THAT WORK DONE AT THE LAST MINUTE. GO TO THE BAR ON A MONDAY, TUESDAY, AND WEDNESDAY. DRINK SO MUCH THAT YOU PUKE AT 5AM BEFORE HAVING TO BE AT WORK AT 8AM. SMOKE. TAKE SHOTS. DRIVE. GO NUTS. NO REGRETS. LIVE LIFE. YOU DON'T NEED SLEEP. YOU DON'T NEED TO GO TO WORK. YOU DON'T NEED TO GO TO CLASS. YOU DON'T NEED TO LISTEN OR IGNORE YOUR FRIENDS EVERY TIME THEY TALK. YOU NEED SOME FUCKING ADRENALINE. YOU NEED SOME FUCKING ALCOHOL. YOU NEED SOME FUCKING CAFFEINE. YOU NEED TO FUCKING HAVE SOME FUN AND STOP YOUR BITCHING AND COMPLAINING AND LIVING YOUR BORING LIFE. YOU NEED TO FUCKING GET OUT. YOU NEED TO TAKE SOME CHANCES. YOU NEED TO TAKE SOME RISKS. WHAT IS LIFE WITHOUT RISK? YOU NEED TO LIVE.
Erica said…
umm...Tim...was that directed specifically towards me or a general comment? B/c I tend to agree with the "no regrets" philosophy.
rorytmeadows said…
general comment because i am tired of people getting boring after college, and people never taking chances and risks, not being scared, doing naughty and bad things, being contradictory, etc etc etc

of course i would still like to drink with you and if that helps okay then
Sophia said…
Erica's friend- Tom or Whatever, grow up. Part of not being a kid anymore is having responcibilities, and not drinking everynight. Drinking everynight is highly unhealthy and irresponcible. Maybe you can appreciate that because you have not yet developed a chronic illness. I don't know any alcoholics who are content with their current state. I have read your blog, and you are obviousely highly unstable. I only pray that no one takes your advice. I don't think that anyone who is planning on killing themselves and taking as many people with them as they can is anyone to be giving advice on how to live a happy life. So there!
What you call "boring", i call responcible. And, I can be spontaneos, but I don't drink everynight or do crazy shit. I am quite content.

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections