You know how some people put song lyrics into their blogs/livejournals? (acchhem www.poshconfusions.blogspot.com) Well I'm gonna do that with movie quotes, because I'm more of a movie person than a song person anyway.

The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you

That's a Bill Murray line from Lost in Translation, and I think it applies to a lot of people I know, not just me.

That's your problem! You don't want to be in love, you want to be in love in a movie

That is from Sleepless in Seatle, and is also in my info. Now that definitely applies to me. I think I'm getting frustrated lately, though I love Pat more than anything, because it's not a "movie quality" relationship anymore. We either watch tv, a movie, go to lunch on campus or he sits in my room and plays computer games. That's about it. We are very comfortable with each other, and I think it's hard for either of us to step up the romance because a) we both have NO money and b) Pat hates being surprised and surprising others and I feel that romance is kind of about surprises. When we go out to bars and parties I talk to his friends more than him, but I love Pat's friends soooo much and plus I don't know everything about them like I do Pat.

Case in point: I went out wednesday and thursday night this week, because friday and saturday were gonna be non-drinking nights for me. Wednesday was fun....well fun until I got so drunk that I barely remember stuff. I went out with Angela, Sara, Dave Felice, and his roommate Trent. We went to pitchers at the Vital and it was a good time. Then we went to Kelly's and I barely remember any of that and the following trip to Mama Mia's. I did have almost all the rugby guys I know telling me how wasted I was the next day though.

But anyway the point I'm making is about THURSDAY night. We had a broomball game at midnight (and won of course, The Clovers are awesome) so me and Angela went out to celebrate. We got to Kelly's and there was nobody there. Then Pat and all his friends came in. I was talking to various people for awhile, then somehow I was talking to Davey for like 20 minutes straight. Davey is an amazing person but he usually doesn't divulge his personal life to me so I was really happy that he wanted to talk to me. He told me alllll this stuff about his (kinda) ex and this girl he wanted to hook up with that night but didn't get a chance to. Then he told me that me and Pat are so lucky and he's jealous of us and I was just like "woah." I just take things for granted in my relationship and he helped me realize that. Now I just have to try to change my stupid mindset (see fifth paragraph). But I'm just so interested in other people (hello psyc major), how they act, WHY they do what they do, their family histories, that when people say to me "I have all the friends I need to have" I'm always thinking "....what?" People are so interesting that I want to get to know as many as I can in my lifetime. I guess this little tangent isn't really what I was talking about in the first place, but it kind of circles around and if you think hard enough I guess you can connect all my thoughts. I don't feel like editing this so it makes more sense, so I guess you'll have to live with it.

Speaking of relationships, yesterday was Valentine's Day. I got a card and pics from Sue (woohoo). Pat came over and cooked Chicken Piccata for me, with twice baked potatoes, salad, and ice cream for dessert. We also had wine. It was a REALLY good meal, and I saved some chicken for tonight which I'll be eating shortly. After that we watched Lost in Translation, a pretty good movie but I really don't think it'll win best picture at the Oscars. Then we just.....hung out for the rest of the night and this morning.

I'm finally "in the pipeline" to be an employee at the sleep lab, which means about 300 dollars a week for me (that's about 3.5x as much as I'm making now) so once I get some money rolling in I'm gonna be so happy. I haven't gone shopping for new clothes since last summer. Yeah. That's about it for now, I'm hungry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections