Purple Coins are a Pain in the Ass

I'm so very sorry.  I want to stop apologizing, but I can't do that either, so I'm also sorry for apologizing in every blog post.  I still need to post about the wedding *sigh* and the honeymoon *sigh again* but time is like a leaf on the wind.  Months have passed before I even realize they are gone. 

I will post about all the wonderful changes that have happened, and continue to happen in my life (it's officially "our" lives now, I'm married!), I promise.  For now, I'd like to say that I finally beat Luigi's Purple Coins in the Toy Time Galaxy!

I know what you are thinking "...huh?" 

Mario Galaxy.  It is a Wii game.  Play it.  I know, I know, the Wii is not very cool and the game mechanics suck.  But for this game, they don't suck.  Everything about it is completely awesome.  Except those damned purple coins.  But lucky for everyone who isn't a completionist, they are not required of you to beat the game.  For me, collecting all the purple coins allows me to beat the game TWICE!  And if you click on the title of this blog entry, you will see just how freaking annoying the purple coins can be.

And don't tell me that the game is 3 years old.  I know that.  I have my own timetable for playing video games.

I've also been watching many old films lately, such as a 4 hour long silent film from 1924 called Greed.  It took me a week to get through it, but the last 2 hours were really quite good.  Some other notable watches include Vampyr, a Carl Dreyer film from 1932, Orfeu Negro, a Rio de Janeiro festival re-telling of Orpheus and Euridice with an all black cast (very good movie), and The Crying Game (my first EVER viewing). I'm about to watch Alien and Whatever Happened To Baby Jane? for the first time as well.

And we got to meet James Marsters (Spike from Buffy) at Comic Con this year, w00t!  He is super nice and told me he liked my outfit.  Mike and I were dressed as Cloud and Aerith from FFVII, so it's funny to think of James Marsters sitting at home playing Final Fantasy games.  

Oh yeah, AND I got my first tattoo!! It didn't hurt at all.  It actually felt kinda good, like a massage. Here are pictures of both occasions:





Not sure why Blogger is being a bitch about rotating pictures, but you get the idea. Stay tuned (hopefully sooner than months from now) for the long awaited wedding post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections