Thoughts on Marriage

I wanted to write waaaay more often than this.  Wedding planning has sucked me into a black hole and I can't wait to get out of it.  Don't get me wrong, most of the process is fun, and I love getting packages in the mail every other day (just got the favors today, they are so cute), but I'll be a lot saner when this is all over. 

Which is in...a month!  Ahhh!  Well, like 5 weeks.  But still.  I'll be married in 5 weeks.  Considering how many boyfriends/crushes this blog has gone through, it is a big accomplishment.  I'm completely content with marrying Mike, and wouldn't change it for a thing.  I never thought I would be one of those people who say "you will just know who the right person is"...but I guess I am.  I had major problems with commitment in the past, and I have apologized to all of my exes for that, but I do still feel badly.  None of them were bad people, they just weren't the right ones.

So finally, most things are done.  We have kept in contact with all of our minions (photographer, florist, etc), we've ordered/purchased all the reception odds and ends (still need a cake cutting set though), we've sent invitations, and we started a wedding timeline.  We just have to flesh out the ceremony/reception details, and I'll be happy with our progress.  Oh, and I had my bridal shower!  Sue was amazing and put it all together.  It was really great and everyone was more generous than I ever expected.  Here are a couple of pictures, since this blog has become seriously lacking in them:




Well folks, time for me to fly.  Hopefully I'll write again before the actual wedding!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections