Out of the Past

In honor of mine and Mike's 4 year anniversary (which occurred yesterday and was awesome), I will go into the past and dig up some interesting interactions of ours before we even knew each other.

For context, I had a crush on Mike when we were both attending Geneseo.  It wasn't too intense due to the fact that I had a boyfriend for 2 years while I was there, and because I always thought Mike was way cooler than me, but every time he walked into the performing arts office where I worked, my heart would flutter a bit.

Auspiciously, we sort of traveled in the same circles.  I had a friend named "Goo" who I've probably mentioned way back in this blog, who did films with Mike while at Geneseo.  So I knew about these films, and taped them off of "GSTV", our local college tv station.  Then I watched them, pretty much just for Mike, who looked adorable.  (And I do still own them, and he still looks adorable in them.)

He didn't know me at all at this time.  I'm not sure that we'd spoken more than 3 sentences to each other.

This is a blog entry from my super old blog that I shared with Joe, entitled "Crazy/Beautiful" where I can read all the old postings, but you guys can't because it is "off the air".  The blog lasted 150 posts from 2001-2002.  So without further ado, this is one of my first interactions with the man I'm going to marry in 4 months:

April 24th, 2002
...The people in the improv show were at his party so I got to actually meet them and tell them that they were hilarious. The guy that I have a sorta half the time crush on, Mike Curasi, (I like him when I see him) came after I left so I didn't get a chance to talk to him.....

OMG okay that was creepy I'm sitting in the office right now and Mike JUST as I was writing about him came in and talked to me....wow that was weird. I erased his name really quick b/c I thought he might see it. He was kinda flirty too...hmmm....
The second one is actually from THIS blog, but back in November of 2002.

Sunday when I came back I had a mentor/mentee meeting with all the other mentors and mentees. It was the 1st time we had a big meeting with everyone. We all were relegated to different sections of the classroom where freshman were supposed to ask us questions about our majors. Weeelllll.....I was in the psyc, anthro, and sociology section. There was only one other girl there with me and she was an anthro major. Mike Curasi was supposed to be the sociology person but he was over at fine arts which was on the other side of the room. He came over at the end of the meeting when everyone was mostly gone and he said "there wasn't anyone for sociology was there?" I said no not really and he walked away. So after that I told the 2 girls I was talking to that it was funny how I used to have a crush on him but I bet he had no idea who I was like at all and now he's talking to me. They just kinda laughed. Yeah well like 5 minutes later he comes back and starts up a whooooooole conversation with me b/c he figured out that I worked at Brodie. So we're talking about every professor, freshman, party, things he wants to do before he graduates, everything. It was like we were best friends or something. He walked away after like a half hour and I was like "what the HELL was that". I like the kid for 2 years and he doesn't so much as say hi to me, and now I'm in a serious relationship and don't give a shit about him, and he talks to me forever. Funny how things work out.
 Yeah funny how things work out...those were both 4 years before we ever even hung out together.  Makes you wonder about fate...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections