Night Musings and Playing Catch-up

I feel like I never post anymore because this blog is now linked to Facebook. I'm not sure why I would post less because of that, but after this post I may take away the linked aspect and see if I write more. Maybe I feel more free when I know my closest 211 friends are not going to be reading what I write. So, if you (for some reason) love to read about the mundane aspects of my life, make sure to bookmark my blog.

Maybe I'll use this entry to catch readers (aka me in the future) up on my life, and the next will be devoted to what I love and hate about NYC.

So my only female first cousin on my mother's side, Lauren, (random side note: I have 8 female first cousins and 11 male first cousins on my dad's side) got married in October. She married an Italian/Jewish doctor from Long Island whose family is a bit iffy but he is super nice. She's had a rough time these past couple of years, so I'm happy that her wedding went so well. She is basically my sister, since I had no sisters growing up. She taught me how to wear a bra, shave my legs, pluck my eyebrows, and taught me about sex. Plus she was always nice to me, unlike real older sisters. Anyway, I love her and wish her and Scott the best.

Our wedding plans are focused on our honeymoon right now. We have all the big stuff taken care of (photo/dj/flowers) but we still need a cake person and to figure out hair and hotels for the weekend of the wedding. But I don't really want to do that stuff so we are planning our honeymoon to ITALY! We have decided that the best course of action is to fly into Milan, head to Lake Como, then to Venice, then Florence, and lastly Rome. Then we will fly out of Rome back home. I can't wait, the hotels seem amazing and I've never been to Europe at all, let alone my family's homeland.

Mike and I went to my family's house for Thanksgiving, so I promised him that I would go to his mother's for Christmas this year. It will be my first Christmas away from my family, but as long as they are okay with it, I'm okay with it. I'm basically a gypsy and don't mind being away from home, but it gets to me when my mom gives me guilt trips. Well I spent today making various cookies for the trip to Oneonta. It should be fun, Mike's family is really great.

Oh...and my baby brother (he is 20) is moving to Hawaii for 6 months??!! My brothers have never even moved away from my hometown, let alone that far away. But I'm really happy for him, and jealous that I didn't do it when I was younger. He's apparently going to be an organic farmer for a host family, so he gets room and board free. Very cool.

So in (ever present) random news...I feel like I dream differently than most people. I know I have probably said that before, but I really mean it. Maybe if anyone (besides my immediate family) remembered their dreams as often as I do, I could get a feel for how others dream. But anyway, lately I've been dreaming things and then relating the dream to others in a different dream. About 4 or 5 years ago I did that for a little while, I would dream something and then "wake up" and relate the dream to my boyfriend at the time, but I would still be asleep. This happened every morning for about 3 weeks.

Also I've had 2 lucid dreams in the past 2 weeks. I've had many many lucid dreams in my life (starting when I was a little girl) but never 2 in 2 weeks. Last night I had a dream that I had to pretend to be in jail to break a friend out of jail, but we got caught so I had to fly away. So I thought "ok well this is easy, I'm dreaming and in dreams I can fly" So I just lifted my arms and concentrated, and I rose up slowly in the air and I could see over the whole area. My two friends had flown somewhere as well, and I could see my mother and her 2 high school friends playing in a pond (it was actually back in time when she was younger but that's a different story as well).

Besides the weirdness of it, I also want to know why it feels so damn good to fly or float in dreams. Every time I do it, I feel elated. Like it is the best feeling in the whole world.

Also I can read in dreams. I don't care what anybody says, I can read books in dreams (and even sheet music/play piano) and do it often. And no, i am not looking at all of the words at once.

Anyway, if anybody who reads this happens to remember 70% of their dreams like I do or can relate to me on any of this, please let me know.

Gotta go, have to wake up early to catch a movie with Mike and our new best friend ;-)

Comments

john ok said…
I also have read many books in my dreams. many of which i wish i could continue after i wake up as their plots are usually very good. I've also taken tests while sleeping (AP chemistry).
Erica said…
Hey John! Good to see that you're alive and well! And married??!! My current theory on reading while sleeping is that only smart people can do it. Hahaha.

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections