Happiness

No, not the strange 1998 Todd Solondz film, which I happen to love. (And when Phillip Seymour Hoffman walked by me TWICE a couple weeks ago you can bet I wanted to tell him how good he was in that film.) But anyway...

Today I am happy. I blame it on Spring and nice weather, mostly. It's also my time of the month to be happy (don't ask), and I went to a bookstore today, which I love to do. So it's the right time of the month and the right time of the year for my happiness to start. Usually when Spring starts, I start wanting to exercise, explore, try new things, etc.

Today I went to the Financial District in Manhattan. One usually wouldn't find joy at the place where the Stock Market crashed, but I like that area for some reason. There are lots of stores and little bakeries, and South Street Seaport is only a short walk away. As I said, I went to a bookstore. I spent almost an hour just reading random books and wandering. Then I went to Victoria's Secret at Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn. The Atlantic Center was PACKED as always, but today it didn't bother me at all. I wanted to hit up Cold Stone at the Center, but the line was a bit too long. So I was thrilled to discover, when I got back to my neighborhood, that the Mister Softee truck was sitting on the corner that I needed to pass on my way home. So I had a blissful 5 blocks or so where the weather was perfect, I felt great, and I was eating a soft serve vanilla ice cream cone with rainbow sprinkles. It was nice. If I had more time before dinner, I would have taken a stroll through Greenwood Cemetery. Then it would have been perfect!

Last year at this time I listened to "A New Earth" on audiobook, and started rollerblading up and down my street, and at a park across from U of R. Prospect Park is about 4 blocks away from me this year, so maybe I'll start rollerblading there. I also need to start swimming again, which I kinda put on hold for the winter. I walk 30 min a day 3 times a week as it is, so it's not like I'm a lump on a log. I also swiped some yoga tapes, maybe tomorrow I'll see what they are all about.

Last week Mike and I attended Andrew and Julie's wedding in Ithaca. I got to see a bunch of my favorite Sleep Lab people, and I got to meet some of Andrew's old friends that I've heard so much about. The wedding was a fantastic time, and our after the wedding hotel room adventures with Darshana, Emily, and Colin were hilarious. I got some funny pics, but I will post them in another blog entry. I didn't get to catch up with Andrew too much (it was HIS wedding, after all), but he called after the wedding and we got to chat for awhile, which was nice.

Next week is my 27th birthday, and Mike's 28th. We probably won't do much, but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless.

Okay I will stop being Miss Happy-Go-Lucky before someone throws up reading this. Like I said, I think it's the weather.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections