I Break Things With My Mind

Or maybe with my "aura". Either way, I am breaking things lately. There are just way too many coincidences. Consider the facts:

It all started when Mike and I went to Vegas with Smike and Melinda. The day after we got back, my computer died a very weird death. I could sign into Windows, then the screen turned black with just a white mouse arrow and I couldn't do anything except move that arrow. Mike and I tried recovering it and it was no use, my little computer, as I knew it, was gone. So Mike reinstalled Windows for me. Now it works, but I'm afraid to download programs so I just go on the internet with it and have nothing on my desktop. I know, Macs are better, but it's a brand new computer!!

Then, I was trying to watch a show on Mike's computer while mine was down, and somehow I temporarily broke his audio input box. He set everything up for me, and it was working fine, and as soon as I turned the volume up (carefully I may add), the box died. Only after fiddling with it for 10 minutes was Mike able to ressurect it.

At work the other morning, Paul and I were leaving together. I started beeping going through the metal detector doors, which always inexplicably happens to me. Good thing nobody in the hospital actually gives a shit who beeps when they come through, because nobody accosts me. We went to use the card swipe machine, and as soon as I swiped my card, a screen came up that said all these weird things and then it was frozen. That was saturday morning, there are only three of them in the whole hospital, and it's still broken. I feel bad about that. We went to the other swipe machine and Paul said "I'm going first this time". It worked that time.

Not to mention the fact that I went to type notes on two of the computers in the lab the past two nights I was working and they both froze up on me and I had to ctrl alt del them. Also the computers inexplicably went back an hour last night. Perhaps they thought it was daylight savings time already? Or I'm just fucking with their systems too.

And half an english muffin disappeared on me the other day. I'm talking a vortex, a portal, something happened to that damn thing and I never found it. I looked in the toaster, around the toaster, behind the toaster, on the floor. Nobody else was around toasting anything. GONE.

Some weird shit is happening, man.

I will post pics from Vegas as soon as I feel my computer will not die on me again. In the meantime, I would like to congratulate my best friend Joe for moving down to Brooklyn, specifically, 10 blocks away from me!! We've already had fun stalking the Ugly Betty cast (they are all fucking SMALL people) and we're gonna stalk 30 Rock too, I can't wait! It's hard for Joe to do new things, so I am tremendously proud of him. Here's a quote (that I stole from my cousin) for you buddy!
"It takes great courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure to
embrace the new. For there is no security in what is no longer
meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and
exciting. for in movement there is life and in change there is power."
~Alan Cohen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections