It's Small Beyond Expectation!

Sorry for my slacker-ness lately. I've been dreading this upcoming 5 day long lab run, as it always takes a lot out of me. With one subject staying it's usually okay. With two, it gets a bit tricky. Especially with our new system of screwing Andrew and I over by making us work 15 hr shifts.

Other than that, everything has been going well. Scott moved his shoulder yesterday, which is awesome! I think that, in time, (probably a LONG time), he'll get most of the movement in his body back. Which is pretty cool.

I got a Passport the other day for the first time. I'm now excited to go traveling around to random countries. Too bad I look like I'm 18 in my picture because they made me not smile and put my hair behind my ears (who CARES what peoples ears look like??).

Valentine's Day was pretty cool. We didn't actually celebrate VD, but our 2 yr anniversary instead, which happens to be the same day. I wore my awesome California dress (which I will include pictures of so everyone can see how awesome it is) and Mike wore his really adorable 3 piece suit. We only went to dinner and a movie (and a quick stop in to Best Buy to get Rock Band) but we felt special all dressed up regardless.


Last night we saw There Will Be Blood. I wanted to see it on our anniversary, but a certain boyfriend thought we should see a "romantic movie" that night instead. So we finally saw Mr. I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE last night. Daniel Day Lewis is such an amazing actor that I can't even put it into words. His performance blew me away, as he often does. I'm not sure that the Method acting style is worth it because of the whole making-yourself-go-crazy thing....but as long as he stays sane, he can go Method all he wants. F-ing brilliant.

If you're wondering if you should see There Will Be Blood or No Country for Old Men, first I'd ask if you'd rather see complete chaotic carnage, or the downward spiral of one human. They are both great films, but with my psychological background, I went in more for Blood. Plus you gotta love the emotion he puts into it when dispensing milkshake metaphors.

I've also seen a lot of old movies on TCM lately. Most of them are sufficiently watchable, and one I just didn't get (How did 5 Easy Pieces win any Oscars?). I very much enjoyed The Adventures of Robin Hood, 42nd Street, Brief Encounter, Forbidden Planet, and Mildred Pierce. I have many more to get through by the end of the month.

Mike and I have also been watching the tv show Bones, which is GREAT on an anthropological level. The main character is a forensic anthropologist who explains everything in life through human evolution. Which I LOVE. And the character development in the 2nd season has been great as well (I heart Hodgens).


PS: Click on my title, I dare ya.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deal with Kevin Spacey: Part 2

Celebrities May Be Smaller Than They Appear

Reflections